Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Projects Galore!!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Our weekend was full of family and friends and lots of presents. My grandma had knee replacement surgery so we visited her at the rehab center since she couldn't be home with us.


Even kitty joined in on the Christmas fun. What cat can't resist a big wad of wrapping paper?



Here are a few projects I did over the past month. Ideas came from the various blogs I subscribe to and others came from pinterest. All were given as gifts.

First up...cinnamon candles for the daycare/preschool teachers


These candles were pretty simple. I had to cut the cinnamon sticks down to size, added a little dab of hot glue, and glued them to the candle. I cut a 1 inch strip of burlap and wrapped it around the sticks, tied together with jute and stuck in a sprig of winter berries.

My next project was these little magnets.







I cut 1 inch circles with my Martha Stewart circle cutter. BEWARE: I learned the hard way that the blades are SUPER sharp. But that's another story for another time....

I glued the circles into the bottle caps using Glossy Accents. Then I carefully poured Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on top of the paper. It looks all murky at first but eventually dries to a clear epoxy-like finish. Once they were dry I put little magnets on the back.

Next up...cute holiday votives






I started out with a snowflake stamp. I used Versamark ink and carefully stamped the images on the glass votive. I sprinkled clear embossing powder and hit it with the heat gun. When stamping/embossing on glass it is very important to clean the glass with alcohol and avoid touching the glass. The oils from your skin will leave marks on the glass and the embossing powder will stick. It's also important to remember that glass when heated is HOT.

After embossing I made a mixture of glitter and epsom salts and stuck a tea light in the bottom. Voila!

Up next...FAMILY blocks







These are my standard blocks covered with patterned paper. I painted grungeboard letters and glued them on. The silver background is from a flourish stamp inked with versamark ink and brushed over with Perfect Pearls Pewter powder. I like the subtle effect it gives the blocks.

Whew! Those were just a few of the many gifts I made this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment