Monday, April 16, 2012

Cameo Project

My dear Tiki Sistahs are going to Key West in June and sadly I can't join them. Sniff sniff. I will be there in spirit especially since I'm making them these handy dandy mini-books to take with them. Think Smash book only not nearly as big.

I found this tiki sign in the Silhouette store. It took me about an hour to figure out how to ungroup the image and separate all of the elements out. I set it up so I could cut all of the pieces out at once.

I used coasters for the front and back covers. Then I painted them and sprayed them with gold Glimmer Mist. I did add a trip title to the middle using a really cool font and my pink vinyl. I'll leave that part as a surprise just in case any of the other Tiki Sisahs decide to take a peek at the old blog.

 Screen Shot
 paper layout before cutting
 After cutting
assembled cover

I added some yellow liquid pearls in the center of the flowers to give it a little something extra. I'm thinking these could also make for cute mini-albums for any occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment