Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Craft Room - Before and After

One of the reasons I waited so long to work on anything was my mess of a craft room. I had stuff everywhere. I finally figured out some storage solutions that would work better than the system I had in place. I stumbled on some 3 drawer Sterilyte carts that I found in the storage room. I used them back a long, long time ago when I sold Tastefully Simple. Anywho, I thought I'd spray paint them a light pink, Ballet Slipper, to be exact. They looked good but I decided that I wanted something a little darker.

That is where my plan was temporarily derailed. I bought some Jade spray paint and tried to paint a few other carts that I bought. For some reason the paint just dripped everywhere (hands were covered...and don't let me get started on how hard it is to get spray paint off of your hands...). After a strongly worded letter to Krylon they finally sent a reply. They think the cans froze during shipment causing defective cans. I'm waiting for my replacement cans to come in the mail. :)

Anyway, enough of my blabbing. Now for the before and after pictures.

Before - disclaimer: I had already moved the carts to the side of the room and pulled out all of the drawers so it really wasn't this messy.



After: I moved some stuff from this corner of the room that we weren't using. I decided to move the entertainment center that I had been using as storage to this corner so that there was more space in my working corner (you'll get it after you see the other pictures)



Before - this is the space that I actually work in. I decided to take down the table I was using because I wasn't using all of the space and the open areas I did have seemed to accumulate junk.



After - I used the desk that was also storage and took off the top shelf. It worked out much better than expected.



I absolutely LOVE it. It is organized, uncluttered, and I have so much more room now.

No comments:

Post a Comment