Tuesday, May 22, 2012

In the next 10 years...

I had a request for a book for a college graduate based on things she wanted to accomplish in the next ten years. Basically there is room for a picture and a small piece of journaling if the recipient wishes to do so.

This is the result.



get married on the beach


while Yiruma plays piano

visit the art museums in Italy

paint while on the road to Hana (Maui, Hawaii)


pla with a basket of tiny kittens for an entire day

touch and pet an exotic big cat


go up and down a spiral staircase


live in the modern house from the Twilight movies


stay in a bungalow in Bora Bora for a week


Go to Nepal/Asia and teach English to children
I had to whip this bad boy together in about 2 days so it's not as "polished" as I'd like it to be. I used my silhouette cameo to cut a majority of images/letters. The staircase was tricky but I finally figured out how to use my trace feature and it cut perfectly! The stickers on the front are red foil thickers. The binding is a piece of 7 Gypsies gaffer tape. 
The book is actually a blank children's board book that I didn't even know I had. I guess that goes to show how much stuff I have in my stash!

Oh, and excuse the bad pictures. I took them on my desk at work with less than ideal lighting.

I did get reports back on Monday that the book was a smash success and the lucky girl is already looking for a spiral staircase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment