Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 days of thankful: day 9

Today I'm thankful that I don't have to worry about putting food on my table. I went to my library today (by myself) and on my way home I saw a big line of cars waiting on the main road through town. Now, I don't live in a huge town so I didn't know what was going on. We live in a rural area and in a county that has a high poverty rate. Then I saw a sign with an arrow pointing directions to the food pantry. The line was easily over a mile long and snaked around the town square. I didn't even now we had a food pantry but I also live a few miles from town and only go into town once a week if I'm lucky.

We are normal people who work normal jobs. We don't have a ton of money to spend on extras. We don't really go out and do much and when we go out to eat it's at Steak N Shake before we go on our twice monthly grocery shopping trips. We cut coupons and shop at 4 (yes I said 4) different stores to do all of our food shopping. We don't always get all of the things we want but our fridge are full and for that I'm extremely thankful.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment