Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

I must confess....I haven't had my computer on since Tuesday night. Wednesday night I came home and did nothing. Little buddy was spending the night with grandma although he fell asleep in her recliner at 7:00 and slept for a solid 12 hours. I took the opportunity to just lie around and watch movies.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and it was good. Good food and good company. Our post-dinner activities included a wicked game of Wii bowling and Wii tennis. I must say that I was repeatedly beat by my almost-4-year-old son. Two bicycle rides must have wore the little guy out because he was out by 8:30 which is highly, HIGHLY, unusual.

I did not indulge in Black Friday shopping for the first time in 4 years. There just wasn't anything I needed that I could not wait for a few weeks to buy. I spent the day at home cleaning and moving my desk downstairs...by myself. It probably wasn't a wise decision but I didn't want to wait around for my huz to get home.

Today we put up the Christmas tree. LB had a blast putting ornaments on the tree. All of the ornaments seem to be clusters really close together and at the bottom of the tree but he was having fun. Who am I to argue with the placement? I made some cool glitter ball ornaments. I'm really, REALLY happy with the way they turned out. I'll have to get some decent pictures and post them. We also made some of those salt-dough ornaments and LB painted them tonight. As soon as they dry he can hang those on the tree too.

I know everyone is listing what they are thankful for. I don't know why they only choose Thanksgiving to do them. We should be thankful for every day. I am thankful that my family is healthy. I am thankful we have jobs and a roof over our head. I am thankful that I have such great friends. I am thankful for the internet because I don't get to see most of my friends very often but we are always in contact with email. I am thankful for my awesome son who continues to amaze me every day. I have no doubt in my mind that he will do great things one day. I am simply thankful that I am happy. Life may not always go as planned but you just have to take it day-by-day.

And that is the message I leave to my readers on this Thanksgiving weekend. Only one day left of eating turkey and pumpkin pie before going back to the daily grind. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. In just 4 short weeks my vacation starts. I will enjoy each and every one of those 10 days off. :) I haven't had a full week off this entire year. I think I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment