Sunday, July 24, 2011

Unplanned Crafting

I had lots to do planned today...but a 4 hour power outage pretty much scrapped my day (no pun intended). Luckily the rain cooled off the temps for a little bit so we were able to open the windows and not sweat to death. I busted out my rechargeable OttLite. It was so cloudy and rainy outside that translated into a dark house. Huz read the paper, little buddy played (and I introduced him to my fancy scissors that cut designs - not sharp!), and I made a birthday card, another gift card box, and started on some Christmas decorations that I'm going to list on my etsy page. Our original plan was to go swimming but I'll take crafting with my boy any day of the week!

I also moved most of my scrapping stuff downstairs while the Huz was mowing grass on Saturday. I know, I know. It's a little unfair to just move it but we discussed it back in April...I just think he thought I wasn't going through with it! It took him about 2 hours after coming inside to notice it. Pics will come later. I'm still waiting to get my new crafting table. To be fair we were both a little preoccupied. Our dog ran underneath LB's legs and flipped him over on his head. I know from personal experience that when the dog runs at full speed she hits HARD. She's almost knocked me over before.

He ended up being ok. He took a quick bath and went to bed. He woke up a few times in the middle of the night and I think he was definitely knocked pretty hard but he's a little trooper and was ok today.

I was going to take pics of my new projects and finish up the Christmas blocks after LB goes to bed but I think I'm just going to relax and finish up my season of Flash Forward. I know I'm a few years behind but I really haven't been able to watch tv in the past 3 years :). One of the reasons I love Netflix and their selection of television shows on their instant viewing option.

No comments:

Post a Comment