Friday, November 2, 2012

30 days of thankful: day 2

Day 2:

Today I'm thankful for the health of me and my family. My son is almost never sick. He's had 1 ear infection and 1 bout with bronchitis and that's it. Sure, there are colds and minor sickness that is typical of little kids but otherwise he's healthy as a horse.

I'm thankful my husband doesn't have to deal with kidney stones much anymore. He's a bear to be around when he's passing stones, not that I blame him.

I'm thankful my mom is healthy. It's been almost 6 years since she was diagnosed with the big C. She had a horrible time with chemo and was very ill. Then a respiratory infection almost killed her. In the meantime they found more cancer in a different area and treated that one too. Now she's healthy and making new lifestyle choices and I'm very proud of her.

I'm thankful my step-dad is also making new lifestyle choices. I want him and my mom to be around for a long time to see my son grow.

I'm thankful for my health as well. I will always be on the lookout with suspicious spots on my skin but that will be something I will always have to be on the lookout for. Otherwise I'm just dandy! Well, not right now. I've been fighting some sort of cold bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment