Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 days of thankful: days 8-11

This week has been...hectic to say the least.

Day 8: I am thankful for my kitty Gizmo. Gizmo died last week after being ill for quite some time. He was my sweet boy. I got Gizmo 13 years ago when Chris and I first moved in together. He was a tough boy. He was constantly antagonized by my dog which made him a tough and mean kitty. But he mellowed out in his older age. I will miss him. It's still hard to see the spot where his bed was as an empty place. Chris buried him in his bed between the plum trees.

Day 9: I am thankful for casual days at work. It seems like I am a more productive employee if I'm in the comfort of my favorite pair of jeans.

Day 10: I am thankful for my darling son. He's the light of my life and I can't imagine my world without him. He could tell I was sad the night that my kitty died. He decided to hold an impromptu dance party to cheer me up. He's a kind soul. Very sensitive. Loves animal and his mama.

Day 11: Today I am thankful for the men and women who have spent any time in the armed services.

I'd write more but I'm going to spend the rest of my evening snuggling with my little guy. :) Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment