Monday, September 12, 2011

Close Call

Have you ever thought a project needed just a little more something? Well, I was done with the disney blocks and thought I'd spray them with a clear coat just to give them a little more protection. Sometimes the podge can get a little tacky and I didn't want the paint to come off.

I set everything up for spraying outside. I sprayed and then went to play with little buddy on the swings to give the blocks time to dry. Well, I hadn't expected the wind to pick up just a smidge and the newspaper totally stuck to the front of the blocks. Let me tell ya...I wanted to cry. CRY! They were so perfect and now I had bits of paper stuck to the fronts.

One block came away unscathed. I tried some cosmetic work on the others but they looked bad. Tonight I tried a little rescue. I lightly sanded down the ridges and splotchy touch-up paint that looked bad. Add another few coats of paint and they look good as new!

Moral of this story: go buy the little triangle things they sell that can are specifically made for painting stuff. I'm going to pick some up tomorrow. Class tomorrow night so I won't be able to finish until Wednesday.

And....I'm meeting my friend halfway between our two respective towns (we live in different states) sans child on Saturday for lunch, trading of stuff (I have blocks; she has baby stuff she borrowed), and maybe a little shopping. I can't wait to see little Miss A!

No comments:

Post a Comment