Sunday, September 18, 2011

Project: Disney is finished!

I met up with my friend halfway between our houses yesterday to deliver her darling daughter's birthday blocks. We live in different states and the halfway point isn't too far for either of us. We had a wonderful lunch and spent a few hours just walking through the mall and visiting.

Here is a peek at the final product with a few "action" shots:

In my previous post I had put a base coat of white and pink on all of the blocks. The next step was to trace the letters on the blocks. I downloaded a Disney font and printed out the letters. In order to keep the spacing right I just cut the letters out of the paper and traced them on that way.

 Lots of cutting...
tracing and painting

I traced the letters and went over them with a paint pen. Then I filled in the spaces with acrylic paint and a brush. It would have been easier to just use the paint pen but the fumes were giving me a major headache.




The next step was to trace circles on the birthday block. I used the caps of both of my white and black paint pens. 



And...viola! I'm so happy my friend liked them :)

We also decided she can reuse the base blocks over and over and just repaint the top block every year. 

Despite a few "issues" I think they turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment