Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Project: Disney

A friend of mine wanted me to make her a specific Disney birthday decoration for her daughter's first birthday.

Here is what I've done so far...

WARNING: If your name is Amber and you don't want to see what progress I have made just close the page now!

Seriously, don't scroll down if you don't want to see.

Ok, this is your third warning....

I bought a large piece of 4x4 wood from my local home store.

The husband was kind enough to cut the wood into pieces for me and sand down the edges. I think he secretly likes it.


Several coats of paint...


Apprentice or child labor?


and more coats of paint



Disclaimer: I am no Picasso. Amber sent me this graphic that she used for the invitations. I just traced around it and started painting.

The next steps are to trace around the letters and start painting "Happy Birthday" on the other blocks. I think I'm going to become very good friends with my exacto knife.

I'll update with more pictures as I get more blocks finished. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment