Sunday, September 18, 2011

Halloween votives

This weekend has been rainy and cool. After I got home yesterday from my trip to visit my friend (see previous post) I came home and my little buddy was napping. I took the opportunity to try a new project since he NEVER naps for me :)

I'm sure I found the idea in one of my scrapbook magazines.








I bought the glass votive candle holders at the dollar store. I used StazOn ink to stamp trick-or-treat on  the glass. StazOn is the only ink that will stick on other surfaces such as glass and plastic.

Once I stamped the image I covered it with clear embossing powder and hit it with the heat gun to melt it.

Note: glass gets hot when it is heated up...and embossing powder is hard to melt on glass.

I stamped the image on 2 sides. I tried to stamp a spiderweb and spider on the other sides but I think it was just too much...and I didn't expect the ink to take so long to dry so I put a giant fingerprint in the middle of the spider. Luckily the ink wiped off which is weird because that stuff usually doesn't come off of anything, including clothes. Don't ask about the ink but let's just say a friend got it on her pants.

They still needed a little "something" so I put some ribbon through the xyron and stuck it on top.

Like what you see? I listed them in my etsy store here. I made 2 but if you'd like them with a different phrase just let me know. I take custom orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment