Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New and Improved!!!

Hello readers!

Good news....I started updating the site pages with items for sale. Some are items that I have listed in my etsy shop and others are items that were listed at some time or other and the listings expired. In other words, you can only get them here!

Right now there are only 2 additional pages. Blogger is finicky about the setup so I had to separate everything by "pages". Basically means you'll have to click on the tab underneath the banner.

Notebooks and other gifts will be just that. I'll list my mini notebooks and other small items like my gift boxes. As of now only my mini notebooks are listed.

Halloween and Fall tab contains Halloween and Fall decorations as well as a few Halloween cards.

I have a Christmas and Cards tab that I'm working on but I currently have a ton of cards in stock and it is a slow and tedious process to list them. As of now those tabs aren't live but hope to be up and running this weekend.

There is also another glitch that I can't get around. Right now you can add all of the items in the shopping cart. However it will charge you shipping for EACH ITEM in the cart. So, if you plan on ordering multiple items contact me and I will adjust the shipping. In theory I should be able to just refund the extra shipping costs but if you'd like to know the total shipping amount before you place your order let me know and I'll let you know how much will be refunded.

The reason why I'm listing on this site in addition to etsy is that etsy charges me a fee for each item I list. The listings are only good for 90 days so if the item doesn't sell and I was to relist I have to pay the fee again. Now, my items are pretty low on the cost scale so that eats into what little profit I do get very quickly. Add to it the fee I pay once the item does sell then add my paypal fee. Well, you can see where I'm going with this. Some items I choose not to renew on etsy because of season. That's not to say that I don't love etsy and I think it will be the case with any site like it. The other reason is that not everyone wants to have to open an account on etsy in order to buy items. So there's that.

Let me know what you think of the new and improved site! 

No comments:

Post a Comment