Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Too early for Christmas?

Normally I would say yes. Yes. YES! It's waaaayyy too early to start thinking about Christmas. Only it isn't. Partly because I have Christmas-y stuff to make for my etsy shop. And I bought an advent calendar that I want to use this year and it needs to be ready by Dec. 1st. And I need to MAKE Christmas presents for family members.

One of my goals for next year is to start doing Project Life. Never heard of it? Basically it's a way to scrapbook your year without really having to scrapbook. There are page protectors that are separated up into separate compartments for journaling cards and pictures, memorabilia, and the like. Some people do a page a week, some do a month. The beauty of it is that YOU make it work for YOU. There are no rules.

What does this have to do with Christmas? I was also looking into doing a December Daily album this year. The December Daily is a mini album that documents each day in December. This project is more scrapbook oriented in that you can use papers, stickers, embellishments, etc but still incorporates the ideas of Project Life. I think the December Daily will get me in the mode to start Project Life.

You see, I'm not the best at observing the little things in life. And I have a HORRIBLE memory. I don't remember what I ate for lunch most days. And my little boy is growing up. He'll start kindergarten next year and I want to remember the little things he does. Project Life will help me document the sweet things and the no-so-sweet. For example, I want to remember that he was playing wolf the other night and we saved his wolf babies in the tent. He has such an active imagination. And I want to remember (or maybe not!) the massive meltdown he had yesterday...or today.

Wait. Where was I going with this post? See? Forgetful!

If I'm going to start a December Daily it would probably be best if I get my materials together and prepped before December begins. December is a beast of a month. Besides Christmas and Christmas shopping and Christmas decorating we have 2 birthdays and all of the rest of the Christmas rush. In a word: BUSY. Ideally I'll have everything put together so all I have to do is slap some pictures in, add some journaling, and voila! Done!

So while it is way too early to start thinking of Christmas and snow (yuck) it's a must for this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment