Monday, September 3, 2012

Remembering the little things

Tonight I spent some time taking my completed scrapbook pages and putting them in page protectors. It's something I've needed to do for some time.

I keep a book for each year of my son's life. His birthday is at the end of the year so I start each book with his birthday then Christmas and go chronologically through the year.

My dirty secret is that I'm waaayyy behind in his books. I still haven't done his baby book. I really don't have an excuse as to why I don't start it. I have all of the pictures and paper and pretty embellishments.

Where was I going with this post?While I was putting the pages in the protectors I was once again reminded of why I scrap. There were more than a few layouts that I had forgotten about. I was able to relive the first real vacation we took as a family. It's those little things that we forget about.

It was also nice to watch the boy look through them too. He has so much fun going through them as I'm sure he doesn't remember some of the places we've been and seen. And that is the reason I scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment