Thursday, September 20, 2012

I think I can

My aunt made me think about something tonight. I was telling her that I had wanted to make albums of my dad for me, my aunt, and each of my grandparents.

Then I got to thinking about why I hadn't done it yet. My dad passed away very unexpectedly 7 years ago.

I think one of the problems is that you have to want to work on a scrapbook. That is one reason why I'm so behind on my sons albums. I got to the point where I felt I had to work on them rather than wanting to do it. And that feeling will put a wrench in any creativity in a second. That's how I got into card making. It was a break from doing scrapbooks yet still be creative.

The second reason is that it's still hard. Seven years later and I still miss him. I think about everything that's happened since he's been gone. And maybe that's exactly why I need to do it. And I'm almost to the point that I want to. Not yet, but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment