Sunday, September 9, 2012

This weekend has been busy. I spent 2 hours uploading new items to the etsy store. One day I'll have to do a post about how tedious it is to take decent pictures, write up my post, then list everything. It doesn't seem like it takes a long time but it does.

I ordered a ton of pictures that unfortunately did not come in this weekend. So I had to make do. Back in March my mom and step-dad took my son to the botanical gardens for an impromptu photo shoot. She printed a few of the pics and framed them and gave them to me for my birthday present. It was such a great gift. In typical fashion I had to have the rest of the pictures to scrap.


I've been using a lot of page sketches recently. I think it makes my pages look not only more polished but it takes a lot less time to figure out just exactly what I'm going to do. You can see an example in the picture above. Normally I grab the stack of pictures I want scrap and then start going through my sketches. The beauty of a page sketch is that you can change ANYTHING. I normally don't follow the sketches to an exact T but normally rotate this, tweak that, and they still end up looking great.


I'm not sure why these pictures ended up so blurry but you get the point. There is less than ideal lighting in my house. I use an Ott Light at my work table and I. Love. It. It was expensive but worth every single penny. The house only gets direct sunlight in the early morning hours and since the house is surrounded by trees the rest of the day is pretty shady. I get plenty of natural light in the kitchen but since the walls are such a horrid bright yellow the color tends to make everything look yellow. 

One of these days I'll have to repaint the walls but I have yet to find the exact color I'm looking for.

Oh, and I actually did some journaling! I hate journaling but I think it helps tell the story behind the picture. In the past I have done zero journaling and expect people to know what my pictures are.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment