Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hurry up and wait

That's the story of my life. Too bad I'm an impatient person.

I started my chalkboard project tonight. You see I had this ugly dollar store dry erase calendar I used, let's see, NEVER. My plan is to repurpose it as a chalkboard.

When I got home I cleaned it up. There's about 5 years of dust build up on there. Yeah, I know, gross.

I took it outside, took a before picture with my handsome model's help, then proceeded to spray.

1. The spray smells. Bad.
2. It still smells 3 hours later.
3. If I would have waited another day I would have found acrylic chalkboard paint for cheaper (and probably less smelly) but again I needed instant gratification yesterday.

So now I have to wait until Thursday to give you any results. The instructions say to let completely dry for 24 hours. Too bad I have preschool orientation tomorrow night.

I guess I should mention that I used Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment