Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Missed Opportunity?

Yesterday I had a message on my etsy page from a local woman. Basically she was organizing a craft fair for a local church and wanted to know if I wanted to be a vendor.

As much as it killed me to do so I had to decline. First off was the vendor fee. I know it was for a good cause but I don't make a huge profit of most of my items. Maybe I should raise the price points but that may be my insecurity talking. Even if I did make a profit I wasn't confident that it would cover the vendor fee. I also don't have much as far as inventory goes and since school started this week I won't have a ton of free time to work on specific projects....for now. I'll have much more time in the late fall/winter because we are homebodies and don't leave the house much during the cold months.

I guess the other part of me declined was simply fear of the unknown. I'm afraid people won't like my stuff. I'm afraid people won't BUY my stuff. Right now I just sell on etsy, some of my family, and a few of my co-workers. It seems sort of anonymous.

I also declined because as of now I have plans on having a table at the Shop for SIDS event in November. Maybe once I dip my toes in the water my fear will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment