Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mini Albums

I found a bunch of unfinished chipboard mini albums when I cleaned out my scrap crap a few weeks ago.

I made a Christmas album out of this tree. It would have also made a cute camping mini album.








These albums are very easy to make. Each page was traced on paper and the images cut out. I used a glue stick as the adhesive to attach the papers to the chipboard. I find that the glue sticks work really well and have even coverage. Once the glue is dry the excess is trimmed off with a craft knife. The edges were inked with a corresponding cover. I think it adds a nice effect without overpowering everything.

I didn't add many embellishments to this book other than the wreath and letters on the cover. The letters were plain chipboard letters painted white. I wanted gold but had no gold paint :(. I sprayed the painted letters with gold glimmer mist. Once dry I coated them in crackle accents. I think it gives the letters a nice aged look. Ribbons were added to the binder ring.

I was on a roll so I also started a Halloween mini album. This album is larger measuring roughly 6x6.










The process was the same as the Christmas album. I added lots of embellishments. I was going to sell it in my etsy store but I like it so much I'm keeping it. Thought I could add a pictures of each of the kid's Halloween costumes. I guess that's the downfall of making awesome crafts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment