Monday, August 15, 2011

Behind the scenes

For some reason I have an obsessive urge to check my blog stats daily. Ok, who am I kidding? I probably check it at least once in the morning and once in the evening. I just have an obsessive nature. Don't even get me started on how often I check my etsy shop stats...but that's a different story.

Ahem. Ok, back on topic. I think maybe I do it as validation that someone out there is reading my little ole' blog. There is no real reason why I do it other than I'm getting a little fed up with facebook. Sometimes I just can't be restrained by 120 characters or less. Perhaps that's why I never did the twitter.

I suppose the other reason I blog is to let off some creative steam. You see, I'm a crafter. I know some (ok, maybe one) of my readers are as well. When I start getting that claustrophobic feeling I find something to make. Just process of creating something, anything, is very relaxing and cathartic. I don't know why I feel the urge to tell you all about it but I do.

I've dabbled in almost any craft imaginable. It started out with cross stitching which I loved but haven't done in years. I tried knitting but never took to it. I've made my own candles but that just makes a big mess and probably costs lots more in the long run. As far as paper crafts go I scrap (of course), make cards, and other "altered" projects.

Wait. What was this post supposed to be about?

Anyway, according to my stats I have readers in:

1. United States
2. Germany
3. Canada
4. United Kingdom
5. Singapore
6. India

I'm not sure who they are (well, I think I know who my Indian reader is...Hi G!) or how they found me but I'm happy to have readers.

I have some plans for the next few months. I've been jotting down lots of ideas in little idea book. Once the cooler weather sets in I should have more time to craft. It's been so nice outside that we've been spending time with our little buddy playing on the "boat" which is code for his clubhouse. The garden is really starting to produce so I have to keep up with the tomatoes. Homework is starting up too but I hope to keep a handle on it. It also helps that I'll have night class once a week and will have no excuse not to get some homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment