Sunday, August 21, 2011

The weekend in review

We went to the campground on Saturday for a little getaway. The day was filled with golf cart rides, walks, swimming in the pond, and the slip-n-slide.

Oh, how I hate the slip-n-slide today. We angled it downhill and it looked like so much fun me and E decided to join in on the fun. I just jumped in, clothes and all. There were a few injuries: little buddy was stung by a bee and E hurt his leg. I am suffering from major sore muscles today. MAJOR SORENESS. I guess that's what I get for acting like a little kid but it was SO. MUCH. FUN!

Today we took a trip to Dickson Mounds. CB (aka the huz) and I haven't been there forever. I took a field trip when I was a kid and they used to have an uncovered Native American burial site that you could look at. Very creepy. Anyway, the museum was sued and you can't go in there anymore. You can learn more about the museum here. CB likes to go there because we figured he's 1/8 Cherokee Indian.

We came home and took naps (well at least I did) and finally got up and around. I cut up a delicious watermelon that we bought from a house down the road from us that sells produce he grows.

It was a good weekend but I'm exhausted. The plan for next weekend is to not leave my house. I have a ton of tomatoes that need to be picked so it will probably turn into "adventures in canning" next weekend.

Pics of the weekend will come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment