Sunday, August 14, 2011

End of summer fun

It was such a nice day out today.

We played outside. Little buddy has such an active imagination. He calls his playhouse a boat. We sailed the seas in search of dinosaurs and dragons. Huz was in the "back" which meant he was on the other side with the dog. Walkie talkies kept us in constant communication.

There was a nice breeze blowing so we decided to get out the kite. Huz removed the kite string it came with and hooked it up to a huge spool of string he had lying around. I'm sure if we had more string the kite would have gone higher.






Then the camera battery died. After kite fun was over we went back to the boat. We spotted the ground squirrels wreaking havoc on my garden so Huz decided it was a perfect time for some target practice. Needless to say, the ground squirrel is no longer with us. I used to be sad about it but they dig holes all over my garden and eat everything so they simply must go. But I do admit that they are cute. If they'd leave my stuff alone they would be more than welcome to stay and hang out.

I'm sad that my weekend is over. Back to the daily grind tomorrow. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment