Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Process

I don't know how many times I have started a project on for it to 1) fail miserably, 2) turn out only so-so, or 3) turn out not even close to my original vision and even better than expected.

For example, the letters I decorated for my niece came out entirely different than I had in my mind. I was going to a different pattern paper (but same family) on each letter and add just a few minor embellishments. After a lot of frustration I decided to just go with plain paper and see where my vast collections of stuff lead me.

I took some time to work on my haunted house again tonight. Once again I had an idea in my head and it lead to a completely different look. I wanted to go with dark purple walls or black coredinations paper with dark orange or purple core. Turns out my black cauldron paper stack was black with pastel core colors.

So, time to go back to my massive paper collection. I found some awesome paper that came in the first paper pack I ever bought probably 10 years ago. The paper looks great but now I have to figure out how to put the paper on the lid. Hmmm.....to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment